what is the proper process for cleaning museum display cases?how to clean museum display case glass?
As a public open place, thousands of people visit the museum every day. Many people may accidentally use their fingers or touch the glass of the museum. Good glass of the exhibition cabinet will bring comfortable visiting experience,It is very necessary to master the correct method of cleaning Museum display case glass , so how to clean museum display case glass ?
Generally speaking, the best way to disinfect is to spray disinfectant, but it must be very careful.Once the disinfectant hurts the audience, the consequences can be unimaginable. The glass cabinet should not be allowed to corrode.In particular, there is a coating on the low reflection glass. If the disinfectant destroys the coating, the display effect will be greatly reduced.
The proper process for cleaning museum display cases
1. Preparation steps: purchase medical chlorine dioxide (generally 300mg / L), dilute it with pure water (dilution preparation is recommended to be carried out outside the exhibition hall) to 100mg / L before use, and pour it into the spray pot for standby.
2. Preliminary cleaning: if there is dust on the surface of glass, please wipe it with sticky roller or soft non-woven fabric.
3. Disinfection steps: wear protective gloves, spray the prepared disinfectant on the clean and dry fiber cloth with a spray pot. After the wiping cloth is fully soaked, wipe it by drawing circles on the glass surface. Make sure that the glass surface is completely covered and there is no omission, especially the parts that can be touched by the audience.
4. Cleaning steps: wipe with disinfectant, wait for 10 to 15 minutes, use clean cloth to soak with pure water, wipe clean, to avoid leaving traces of disinfectant. If there is disinfectant residue, it will form a white powder substance, which can be wiped off by scrubbing again with a wet cloth.
5. It is suggested that the museum should disinfect the glass parts that can be touched by the audience twice a day.
In this way, it can not only ensure the surface sanitation of the museum’s glass display cabinet, but also will not corrode the glass~
For museum display case glass, Conservation Reflection Control Glass and Conservation Clear Glass matters needing attention:
|1、Do not score the UV coated side. The inkjet printing stating “this side faces artwork” indicates the UV coated side.|
|2、Place the lite of glass in the wall unit with UV coated side toward the wall, facing the slip sheet or matboard.|
Museum quality glass: ultra white glass is a kind of ultra transparent low iron glass, also known as low iron glass, high transparency glass. It is a high-quality, multi-functional new high-grade glass varieties, light transmittance up to 91.5%, with crystal clear, high-grade and elegant characteristics, known as the glass family “crystal Prince”.
The correct way to clean ultra white glass is to use a clean cotton cloth and a small amount of alcohol. Just wet the cloth. If it is moist, the glass factory uses air drying. If it is hot dry, there will be spots. Alcohol should not be diluted. If diluted, it will not have the effect you want. Alcohol means that it can dry fast and clean. There is no difference between mixing water and wiping with water.